Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Worries

Hanim went through surgery today, to remove an ovarian cyst. Alhamdulillah it went fine, and hopefully there won't be any further complications. It worried me to no end though, not being able to do anything about it, not being able to be there.

Then again, it might have been for the best that I wasn't there. Else this might end up to be the case:

"Relax, Mr Ahmad. These things are fairly normal for women of child-bearing age"

"I don't care if it's fairly normal, or even if it's so normal that if it didn't occur, they'd put her on the David Letterman show next to Michael Jackson (who by the way is so freakishly alien-like that the authorities are suspecting that he is in reality a Mexican). Don't tell me to relax goddammit! That's my future you're putting under the knife, you sorry excuse for a surgeon's armpit dripping! So don't tell me to relax, dammit!"

"Relax, sir. She'll be fine"

*scuffle* *punch* *whack!*


Ahhh doctors. Where would we be without them?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We were all worried too Ahmad. Alhamdulillah everything went well.

We should have coffee soon Ahmad. No male bashing. I promise to try.