Saturday, May 21, 2005

Changes

Well, it's finally happened. I'm officially no longer a student, well, at least since Wednesday afternoon. I've finished my final paper, and I am now free. Free from studying, free to do whatever I want.

Except that I don't really know what I want to do. I know what I NEED to do. I need to find a job. I need to settle down. I need to finally earn my keep and not "finishing the beras", as it were. I need to go home. I need to pack up my stuff. I need to do so many things.

I should be happy now. I should be ecstatic. Yet there is this curious sense of emptiness. A sense of loss. Loss of purpose perhaps. I guess we all need a purpose, for without one, the world seems a lonely, lonely place. Without putting your faith in something, without blindly trusting that this is the reason for your existence, we would be as fragile and as flimsy as a dandelion seed floating in the wind, waiting for the next updraft to carry it away to lands unknown.

Sigh.

In more uplifting news, I have an interview with Deutsche Bank on Tuesday. It'd be great if I could get the job, because Hanim'll be working in the same building (albeit in a different company). Wish me luck, folks.

Changes are afoot. Things will never be the same again. But I'll survive, as I always have, Insya-Allah. God is Great. That's all I need to know.

No comments: