Friday, April 30, 2004

I COULD SERIOUSLY KILL SOMEONE SOON (well.. not THAT seriously)

Anybody who knows anything about me would know that I'm not too happy with my roomie. Well.. this morning things came to a head. He was the guy who was in charge of the Internet acess in our house, and naturally when there was no internet connection, the first thing I did was to ask him about it. I actually needed to access my uni webmail, because I had a sneaking feeling that there was a revision lecture today. Well there was, but I digress. In any case, I asked the guy in a normal, polite manner about the connection. He didn't answer me at first, so I repeated the query. He then brushed me off with a curt, "I don't know". Well... another thing that those who know me would know is that I have a short fuse too. So I decided to take a shower, but not before giving him a retort to the effect that he's not the only one having exams. I went out, had a shower, came back and turned on his computer myself so that I could do something about the internet connection, since he's obviously not going to do anything about it. He then came back into the room, and at the same instant, I accidentally hit his speakers as I was turning around. He then glared at me, and said, "Why are you taking it out on my stuff, then?" I mumbled something to the effect that it was an accident. Hours later, while he was still out, I thought I was a bit rude too, and it WAS a bit thoughtless of me to get into a row with the guy on the morning of his exams. So I left him a note on his table, saying I was sorry about all that, and that I didn't mean to get into the whole mess before his exams.

Guess what he did when he got home?

He brushed the paper aside, and has yet to say anything to me.

So I am sitting here, typing this rant of mine, witnessing my note of apology still probably unaccepted trashed by the side of his table.

The difference between me and him? We've both got short fuses, but at least I have a conscience.

And I'm also better looking. :p

No comments: