Friday, June 04, 2004

House-hunting

Life is like house-hunting. Just when you think everything's going your way, when everything seems perfect, that's when you have to be extra careful, for usually that's when life decides to throw you a sucker punch right in the nosh. Usually it's really painful. Like when the landlord tells you that your dream house is already off the market.

Call me cynical, bitter, whatever. I'm not a bitter old hack. I am the product of that complex equation called experience. To my eyes everything has a hidden meaning, so that you always have to be on your guard. I guess the time may come that I shall realise that it may perhaps be better to view the world through rose-tinted glasses of our desires, but that time is not now, and I can't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

"Men have PMS too", somebody said that on the tagboard i think. True, but I think ours are triggered by specific events rather than specific times.

But then again that may just be me.

No comments: