Sunday, June 13, 2004

FOUR MEMORIES AND A WEDDING

My friend got married in Ipoh yesterday. Congratulations Acong, if you're reading this. Hope you guys have a great life together (though I hardly know your wife!). It was such a surprise to see Acong... he was so HUGE (and before any of you get any ideas, I am NOT gay!). I remembered that he was always quite big anyway, but seeing him yesterday was still a shock. My, how people change when you're not looking, especially if you've turned your eye aside for the past six years or so.

It was nice as well to see my other friends whom I've not seen for oh so long. A lot of em are married already. One's actually teaching in Malacca right now. Funny.. I never thought that Fahmi Miskon would turn out to be a lecturer, but there you go. Shows you how much of a clairvoyant I am. Fahmi or 'sukun' as we called him, was somebody who, shall we say, liked to ride without a saddle. Or go au naturale. Let's leave it at that. :P

Went there with Feud's car, hence it was the perfect occasion for a 3-hour nostalgic reminiscing session. Feud was a really close friend back in KMYS... I spent quite a lot of time in his room playing Final Fantasy VII. Hadn't seen him for four years up till then... I suppose the difference between a true friend and a "hi-and bye" type is that no matter how long you've been separated, once you get together it'll be just like it was before; no awkwardness, no difference.

Speaking of KMYS, I love that place. Sure, there were some painful memories associated with it, but hey! I grew up a lot there. Seeing Puan Raha again was good. Hearing that she was happier now was excellent.

It's good to have a place to come home to.

No comments: