Tuesday, March 29, 2005

THIS LITTLE LIGHT OF MINE, I'M GONNA LET IT SHINE

*deep breath*

Got a rejection from KPMG today. That in itself didn't hurt so bad. The feedback was long-winded, full of sometimes conflicting statements (e.g. I appear to avoid taking responsibility vs. I operate better alone or with a small team) but the essence of it was.. I'm crap.

I hate it when you judge me on the basis of an interview. One lousy interview and you think you can say confidently that I'm aloof, that I'm unable to work in a team environment, that I can't accept other people's ideas, that I haven't talked to those working in the field I'm aiming for, that I'm not sufficiently motivated for the job.

Who the hell do you think you are, KPMG?

*Another deep breath*

On the plus side, it seems that I'm commercially sound etc etc. Shows how much you actually know about me, you wanker.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahmad dear, everyone hates being judged on the basis of an interview! It doesn't mean anything. At least you got a reply. I haven't heard a single thing from my masses of applications :)

And you missed a rip-roaringly good time with Prabs and Eiz.

Anonymous said...

hi ahmad.. hey.. keep ur chin up. u know what u're worth. we all do. keep trying and don't give up, ok?
-kl ibah-