Wednesday, June 21, 2006

.:What we need:.

I am stuck in the office at 10:30pm. Not doing much, to be honest. Just sitting here, waiting for a report to be published. I tell you, GRCM is nothing but the devil in disguise, its sole aim and purpose in life being to make the lives of RAs and analysts as tough and as challenging as possible. If only I could give the DTP and SA teams a kick on their collective behind... just once. Okay? I won't ask for anything else for the next 10 zillion years, if only I could take a swing at that tantalisingly swaying toosh... please? pretty please? with a cherry on top? A REALLY big cherry even??

Come to think of it, there're still so many things I've yet to achieve with my life that I don't think I'd wish to shorten it by any amount of years simply for the pleasure of socking it to the authorities. Nor am I so self-sufficient as to not require any divine intervention for the next 10 zillion years, assuming I live that long.

*sigh* The pain of being a self-doubting critic.

Quote of the day:

'"You zee" said he, "it iz te bess vor zit still; and now you shall know who I be. Look at me! Zee! I am te Angel ov te Odd."

"And odd enough, too," I ventured to reply; "but I was always under the impression that an angel had wings."

"Te wing! vat vud I do mit te wing? Mein Gott! Do you take me vor a schicken??"'


- Poe, The Angel of the Odd

No comments: