Friday, February 03, 2006

.:Back at work:.

Dear readers,

Alop!! How are you? Hope you guys enjoyed your long break from work. I just love Malaysia..It's the only country in the world where you can get multiple holidays all crowded together, like sardines in a.. errmm.. sardine can.

damn it.. I need to work on my metaphors if I'm ever gonna make it as a yuppie writer-wannabe.

I'm back at my desk, people. For the first time in a long while, I'm actually happy to start the day. I realised this morning that I'm actually in a good place. Okay, apart from the fact that my apartment block is none-too-safe (what with the burglaries and muggings recently and the weirdly-affectionate guy on the seventh floor - who I've not bumped into for a long time, thankfully), other things are going great. Personal life's sorted out (I'm madly in love again. yes, Nadia.. Yes, Min... I know, I know. I can't help it. When I love, I really do love. It's never a lukewarm thing when it comes to me... maybe it's just due to the Italian blood flowing through my veins - uwekk!!). Job's going great (though a payrise would be most welcome.. ehem..). I'm pretty healthy, I think, although the tummy could use a little less flab and a little more hard-bound muscle.. sigh... the burdens of a sedentary lifestyle.

Oh. I know something which could be worked on, actually. I miss my friends. I miss Gosh, Mizan, Dol, Nad, Apai, Min, Azie, Novan, Joe Azril, Apai (2), Muiz, Meon, Mouse, Aizat etc etc.. Haven't seen them for some time. Some of them I'll be seeing tonight for futsal, but the rest (especially the "Econs class" gang.. plus Azie and Novan), I'll probably have to work something out. Yeah, they've got families now. It just won't do to bother them with my bachelorly antics. Sigh... The burdens of being an emotionally-aware man.

By the way, my car (a.k.a. MBE7515 a.k.a. The Rebound a.k.a. Da Chick Magnet - according to joe) is permanently stabled in melaka now, till I find a better place to live in. Am now a little impaired in the mojo department (not that I need it, lah!)

It's great to be alive. =) Alhamdulillah.

See ya!

Regards,

Ahmad "I ain't got no blender!" Abdul-Halim

No comments: